Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Day 7 - Last Day in Maui

Went for an early morning walk and watched the sunrise over Haleakala... God paints beautiful pictures!

 

After our walk, we got our snorkel gear ready and went to this beach - about a 3 minute walk from our hotel.  Our goal this morning was to find a sea turtle and we had been told that they "hang out" near the reef in the middle of the picture below.  We were in the water at about 8:15 AM - along with quite a few other people.

                                                         
                                                             Here's Tim - ready to go.

We saw lots of fish.....  and then... there he was!
And he was big!

 (We saw another bigger turtle a little later and Tim was chasing him!  He never did catch him, though!)

After we watched the turtle for a while, we went on to see lots of different fish and coral.  The water was a little cloudy and the sun was shining so some of the pictures didn't come out too great, but we really enjoyed it and felt pretty comfortable with our snorkeling abilities.
 I don't know why I can't get these pictures to go side-by-side like Cindy can!


After we were done snorkeling, we hurried over to Moose McGillycuddy's for one more breakfast.

 
After breakfast (including the large banana muffin!), we went back to the pool to claim our chairs and enjoy the sun and fun.  The day at the pool ended with another beautiful sunset.





The foreground in this picture is the "adult serenity pool" at the Marriott.  It flows over the side so it looks like it doesn't end - pretty!

3 comments:

  1. Your Tuesday was way better than our Wednesday!
    And your pictures are ...umm...picturesque!

    Our photos don't have nice frames like yours do. I think our column is wider, that's why ours are sometimes side by side, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy and Mike. We are such tech-savvy people aren't we? Sometimes the blog does what we want and sometimes it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I'm so living vicariously through you. Gary and I fought the concrete jungle today as we waited for Grace in a hip hop class. BUT, we were near Central Park, and a quick walk on a somewhat sunny day was just what I may have needed (at least next to a Hawaiian vacation).

    ReplyDelete